Saturday, November 12, 2011

Blueberry Muffins

I learned a new trick from The Joy of Cooking. I really like muffins, but I can never eat a whole batch before they go bad. The Joy of Cooking suggested freezing the unbaked muffins, and then baking as many as you need frozen--all you have to do is extend the cooking time. This works quite well.
Line a muffin tin, and pour in the batter. Place the filled muffin tin in the freezer, and place the frozen, uncooked muffins in a plastic bag until ready to use.
Bake as many as you want at at time. You can add a little water to the unused parts of the pan. This protects the pan and offers additional moisture to the muffins.
I want to try this with other types of muffins even though I would think it wouldn't matter what type of muffin someone froze.

No comments:

Post a Comment