Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Two-Potato Latke Fail

I made these awhile ago, and forgot I had taken pictures of them. I had seen this recipe in my Cooking Light Cookbook for two-potato latkes, and I thought I'd give them a try. Making these also gave me an excuse to use my Kitchenaid Stand Mixer vegetable shredder attachment:
Fancy! and Handy!
I couldn't get a close-up prior to baking that wasn't blurry. They started out pretty, but I think one problem with them was that they were too thick.
They are pretty ugly. They didn't hold together, and they burned too much on top. The recipe wanted to you to flip them multiple times, but that didn't work well for me.
I think latkes are something that should be deep fried instead of being healthified by being baked. I may try this recipe again by making them smaller.

No comments:

Post a Comment