Saturday, July 23, 2011

Mushroom Bread Pudding

While I was visiting my family over the 4th of July, my sister bought a loaf of challah at the Des Moines Farmers market. She said she was going to make mushroom bread pudding out of it, and I was intrigued. When I got home from my trip, I forgot to write down the ingredients for the mushroom bread pudding before going to the store, but luckily my sister answered the phone and had her cookbook handy to tell me what I needed. The recipe came from Bon Appetit, and can be found online at Epicurious.com. I cut the recipe in half and ate it as a main course instead of as a side dish. I also did not use delicious challah, and instead used a $0.99 loaf of day old Italian bread from the grocery store. But my bread pudding turned out delicious:
Hello giant mushroom slice in the foreground.

Look at how creamy and mushroomy you are...

Gratuitous close-up
I will definitely make this again, and I am thinking some Jimmy Dean sausage might taste pretty good in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment