Friday, July 29, 2011

Food Memory Friday--Living Room Floor Crepe Picnic

When I lived in New Mexico while working on my Master's Degree, my cousin, my friend, and I would get together every few months for some sort of themed food fest. Both my cousin and my friend are vegetarians, but we always seemed to find ourselves in a food coma after a few hours of eating. Some of the themes included pizza and comfort food. We also did a crepe theme, which was the only themed gathering I photographed:
We had a bunch of different cheeses, sauteed spinach with onions and garlic, Nutella, fruit, and flambeed bananas. The flambeed bananas were quite the adventure. We probably should not have  flambeed them in a Teflon coated pan, and there was a bit more alcohol involved in the process than necessary. BUT they were the best flambeed bananas I may have ever had, and I haven't been able to recreate them since. Since we had so much stuff to choose from to fill the crepes, we ate on the floor, and didn't move for quite awhile after finishing eating (Hello food coma!).

No comments:

Post a Comment