Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Gazpacho!

When I was describing to my fiance what gazpacho is, his response was, "Well isn't that just V8?" I couldn't come up with a good response, but well, I guess Gazpacho is like V8, but I don't think they put Sherry in V8. Here is how I make my gazpacho:

All measurements are approximate. Definitely taste as you blend:
2-3 medium tomoatoes
1 medium cucumber, seeds removed and peeled, or 1/2 of a seedless cucumber, peeled
1/4 of a large onion or one small shallot
1/2 medium green bell pepper
1 very small clove of garlic
1/4 cup Sherry Cooking Wine
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste

To make, coarsely chop tomatoes, cucumber, and onion and add vegetables and sherry to blender. Turn blender on and add olive oil from the top. You may need more than 1/4 cup. Add salt and pepper at the end to taste. If you have a mesh strainer, strain the blended mixture to remove large chunks and skin.
Get ready to rumble!
My strainer is a bit too fine, and I gave up after taking this photo pushing the mixture through to make it smooth.

You can chill it before drinking it, but it tastes just fine if it isn't chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment