Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Cookie Roundup

One of my favorite things about Christmas is making and eating Christmas cookies. In years past, my mom would have a cookie exchange with her co-workers, and we would end up with a large assortment. The best part of the cookie exchange is assembling a large plate of cookies and contemplating which ones to eat first. Now that she is retired, I usually would bring home a variety of cookies and my sister would make some too. This year I didn't contribute to our annual cookie tray, but I still made my usual five types to take to my in-laws. The selections for this year:

Classic Peanut Butter (Recipe from The Joy of Cooking)

First Federal Credit Union Holiday Cookies--This particular recipe came as an advertisement to join their credit union. There are pecans, chocolate chips and caramel chunks in the mix.

Classic chocolate chip (Recipe from The Joy of Cooking). These are the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever made.

Christmas Spritz (Recipe from Betty Crocker's Cooky Book). These were not a hit--Too plain and too almondy. I thought they were delicious.

The fully assembled cookie selections. My mom sent coconut cookies (white cookies far left), mint chocolate chip (green cookies, center left), and chocolate caramel thumbprint (brown cookies, center)

Close-up Christmas Spritz

My mom's cookies

I also made chocolate truffle cookies (front, center).

Next year, I'm sticking to the classics (peanut butter, chocolate chip, sugar), and I may make a wild card. I may even try making cookies for dogs, especially since our pug seemed to enjoy her giant peanut butter bone from her stocking this year:


But that depends on if she's a good girl this year, Santa may already be planning to bring her a lump of coal...

No comments:

Post a Comment