Sunday, December 18, 2011

Steamed Oysters

Oysters are in season! And we bought a bushel from a family member who catches and sells them.  We broke in our gigantic steam pot and single outdoor burner for the occasion. I forgot to take pictures of our set-up, but here is our set-up for eating:
This is one bushel steamed. Our steam pot has this bucket for easy lifting out of the larger pot.

Ours were a little undercooked, and this gigantic oyster was slightly raw. But still good.

I prefer oysters more cooked, and this smaller one was cooked through.

Oyster Shells!

Apple cider vinegar, melted butter, hot sauce, and cocktail sauce were used as accompaniments.

I needed a little leverage to find the right one.

Top view!
I definitely needed more newspaper on the table since there was still some liquid in the oysters and the newspaper laid down was soaked through. A very successful evening, and I can't wait to steam more stuff in our pot!

No comments:

Post a Comment