Sunday, December 18, 2011

Joy of Cooking Tuna Noodle Casserole

Canned tuna is something I didn't always like. I eventually came to like it, and started making tuna noodle casserole. My dad always liked tuna noodle casserole with crumbled potato chips on top, but I think I prefer a Ritz Cracker top, which is what The Joy of Cooking  recommends in their recipe. After making The Joy of Cooking recipe for tuna noodle casserole, I think it is my favorite. This recipe does use cream of mushroom soup, but it works in this recipe. I like this particular recipe because of the Worcestershire sauce, the diced roasted red pepper, and the frozen peas added to the mix. I served mine with some baked zucchini. To make the zucchini, drizzle some olive oil over halved slices, and sprinkle some Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper on top. Bake in a 350 degree oven for around 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment