Friday, December 2, 2011

Ode to Tomatoes

I had to look up what an ode was as a type of poem, and it seems there isn't a general consensus as to what it is. What I did gather from the various definitions I found was that it is meant to address a person, place, or thing. Instead of writing an actual ode to tomatoes, I thought I would post three pictures of tomatoes to symbolize the three stanzas traditionally included in an ode:

Extreme close-up.
The stripped heirlooms aren't the most flavorful tomato, but still pretty!
The biggest and most strangely shaped tomatoes of the summer!
My tomato plants have finally been killed by the frost, and I have a container of store bought cherry tomatoes on the counter. I will definitely miss being able to go outside and pick a tomato when I need one. Until next year tomatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment