Friday, September 23, 2011

Food Memory Friday--Pork Tenderloin Sandwich

Growing up in Iowa, I consumed a lot of pork. One pork item I don't think I've seen anywhere else is the pork tenderloin sandwich. Usually how they are made in Iowa is where a pork tenderloin is pounded thinly, deep fried, and served on a bun. The most important aspect of the sandwich is that the pork tenderloin itself is twice if not three times the size of the bun it is served on:

Notice the bun in the top left corner in comparison to the tenderloin itself.
This particular pork tenderloin sandwich came from the Gateway Market in Des Moines. I like eating mine with lots of yellow mustard and pickles. My favorite place to get one is at the Iowa State Fair. This really is one of the best sandwiches ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment