Friday, September 2, 2011

Williamsburg Winery and Cafe Provencal

Taking a break from the humdrum of writing a dissertation "Doug" and I packed up and decided to check out the Williamsburg Winery and their fine dining restaurant Cafe Provencal.
Doug strapped in and ready to go!
There were lots of grapes on the vines.
The winery's wines have won lots of awards, and they had a Melot I actually liked. I am generally a white wine person.
Once our tour of the winery concluded, headed over to Cafe Provencal for dinner, which began with an amuse bouche crostini of roasted pork and pickled onion.
Smoky meat and crunchy bread. Yum!

After the amuse bouche, I had a baby spinach and arugula salad with wild mushrooms, bacon, goat cheese, and a grainy mustard vinaigrette.
The bacon chunks were big and meaty...
We shared a bottle of Governor's White from the winery. One of my favorites from the tour and tasting.
For the main course, I had the pan seared duck breast with green beans, and a ragout of cannellini beans with house made sausage.
This was really filling, but delicious.
For dessert, I had the panna cotta with pistachio ice cream.
At this point I was in a food coma...but I now have to make panna cotta at home. Disregard the fork marks in the panna cotta :)
At the end as a palate cleanser, we were given a small scoop of chestnut ice cream. This meal was amazing, and I would definitely adventure back.

No comments:

Post a Comment