Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Hashbrown Crust Quiche

I saw a picture of this quiche on someone's website (I can't remember who), and I decided to give it a try. I used Paula Dean's Recipe as a starting point for the crust, but I used my own filling combo to make the quiche:

1 1/2 cups half and half
3 eggs beaten
1 cup cheese (I prefer extra sharp cheddar or Gruyere)
1/2 cup cooked diced ham, pancetta, or bacon
1/2 cup onion
1/2 cup green pepper
salt and pepper

Once the crust has been prepared according to Paula Dean's Recipe linked above, combine the filling ingredients. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
For the crust, you really want to make sure as much water is pressed out of the potatoes as possible, otherwise it may take a long time for it to cook. Quiche is one of my favorite things to eat and share, and this recipe doesn't disappoint!

No comments:

Post a Comment