Saturday, September 17, 2011

Labor Day Weekend in Iowa

I've been meaning to write this post for awhile, but other writing projects have come up. Doug and I ventured back to Iowa for labor day weekend:

Waiting in Chicago.
And we made it back to Jethro's for barbeque, and we tried their wings for the first time. They were indescribably delicious. My sister and I chose the BBQ rub, which was excellent:

We also tried a new restaurant that had just opened earlier in the week called Zombie Burger + Drink Lab.
Art above our table.
We were excited to try the onion rings and the spiked adult shakes. When we got there, they were packed. Once we got our table, our server was a little disorganized--we eventually learned they were out of onion rings, and they couldn't spike the shakes. Doug ordered the "They're Coming to Get you Barbara":
Two grilled cheese sandwiches as the bun along with cheese, grilled onion, bacon, and zombie sauce.
And I ordered the "Dead Moines:"
Smoked gouda, prosciutto, ham, and garlic mayo.
I had wanted to try the mac and cheese, but I think our server forgot to write that down. Oh well. The burgers were good, but I probably wouldn't go back until they were open longer--they still had a lot of logistical kinks to work out, but it had only been open a week. Overall, an excellent trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment