Friday, September 30, 2011

Ocean City, Maryland Food Adventure

Doug and I decided to meet some friends on the Eastern Shore of Virginia for a quick overnight adventure:
Doug strapped in and ready to go!
We started out in Salisbury, Maryland at a restaurant on the water called Brew River where they had a boat docking competition. We also had lunch there, which included a grilled chicken sandwich smothered in crab dip with bacon strips. I also got the sweet potato fries:


The boat docking competition involved the captains to back their boats into a designated spot and tie their boat down in the fastest time. These are the boats they are maneuvering into the dock:

Once the captain backs the boat in between these posts, he lassos a rope around each of the posts sticking out of the water.
The winner was able to dock his boat in under 30 seconds, and bigger was not better in this competition. Once the boat docking was over, we made our way over to Ocean City. After we got a hotel room, we made our way over to the boardwalk, which has been named one of the top 10 boardwalks in the United States, and it did not disappoint. There were the typical games and rides:

And the best food discovery were the stuffed pretzels:

I got the "Redskin" themed pretzel with potato and cheese. I wanted the eggplant, ricotta, and tomato stuffed pretzel, but they were out of those, and I didn't wan to wait for them to make one:
This pretzel was salty and buttery...I wish they had a stand at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront...
For dinner, we ate at a pizza place:

But I opted for the grilled chicken taco salad:
I was still a little full from the stuffed pretzel, and I thought this would be a little less heavy.

I ended the night with a cherry dipped cone (not photographed), and there was an almost full moon:
We went during the off season, so it wasn't that crowded. I don't want to imagine what it is like in the middle of the summer, but I would definitely go back for a stuffed pretzel :).

No comments:

Post a Comment