Monday, May 9, 2011

Breakfast Bagel Sandwich

I've recently become addicted to making a breakfast bagel sandwich using reduced calorie bagel thins.
The first time I purchased bagel thins, I tried the everything ones, but they tasted like cardboard. I decided to try the Nature's Own wheat ones this time around, but they still taste a little like cardboard. HOWEVER, once you add some stuff to it, it doesn't really matter
I broiled each half while I fried an egg. I used a slice of hardwood smoked Gouda (you have to eat the center of the slice so it doesn't ooze onto the pan...the worst part of this creation ;). I also sprinkled some diced prosciutto on top of the cheese. The prosciutto was uncooked prior to broiling, and I was a little worried that it wouldn't cook completely, but it did. I have also used slices of Canadian bacon or sliced ham instead of the prosciutto.

I broke the yolk of the egg while I fried it, but I still didn't cook the yolk completely. I like a soft yolk. Since this was the last bagel thin in my bag, I think I am going to try making these with the sandwich thins instead. Those definitely do not taste like cardboard.

What is your favorite breakfast sandwich?

No comments:

Post a Comment