Monday, May 16, 2011

Faux Banana Ice Cream

I recently ran across Iowa Girl Eats recipe for 1-ingredient banana custard. She came up with her custard from Gena at Choosing Raw. Ultimately, this isn't a custard and it isn't ice cream--but it tastes like ice cream and custard and all you have to do is throw a chopped up frozen banana into some sort of food processor:
Make sure you do cut up the banana prior to freezing. The first time I tried this, I used a banana that I had frozen in the freezer in the peel. It was kind of a pain to get the frozen peel and stringy bits off the banana prior to processing it.
Once you run the banana through the food processor, it will start to look like Dippin' Dots. This is the stage where my little food prep thing won't go any further. But I like the consistency and texture of Dippin' Dots, so I don't push my food prep thing further. If you are using a food processor, you will want to keep going because your frozen banana will achieve the texture of ice cream.
This really does taste like ice cream, and you don't add anything to it--it's just a frozen banana that you ran through a food processor. I added Hershey's chocolate syrup to it once, but it really does taste better plain.

No comments:

Post a Comment