Monday, May 23, 2011

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread

The last time I went to Trader Joe's, I decided to get zucchini. I had a plan at the store for what I was going to do with them when I purchased the zucchini, but I was somewhat slow in executing the plan (I have since forgotten my original plan for use. oops.) Now, a few weeks later, I realized I needed to use the zucchini I bought before they go bad in my vegetable drawer. Luckily I found this recipe in my Cooking Light cookbook, and I also found it on their website here. It calls for applesauce in place of most of the oil that you would normally use, and I used unsweetened applesauce. I also used mini semi-sweet chocolate chips since that is what I had on hand:
Almost mixed--adding the shredded zucchini and chocolate chips.
I only have these small loaf pans, otherwise it would normally make one large loaf.
Right out of the oven! There's a teaspoon of cinnamon in this, and the whole house smelled like cinnamon!
After the loaves cooled, and I cut into one. O. M. G. It was better than I expected. Not overwhelmingly sweet, just the right amount of chocolate, and delicious. I froze the second loaf, but I don't think it will be in the freezer very long ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment