Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Blue Cheese and Bacon Chicken Salad

The Cooking Light recipes continue...this time it's a lighter approach to chicken salad but with lots of flavor. This chicken salad recipe is meant to be mixed together with romaine lettuce and tomatoes, but I was afraid the lettuce would become soggy and disgusting since I wasn't going to eat all of the chicken salad right away. You can find the recipe for Smoky Bacon and Blue Cheese Chicken Salad here. The picture included with the recipe is prettier than what mine looked like, but it was still delicious:
To make the shredded chicken necessary for this recipe, I took two frozen chicken breasts and put them in my crockpot for around 3 hours on high with a little chicken broth and pepper:
Uncooked meat never looks appealing to me, and this photo attempt doesn't really help...
This allowed them to shred after being cooked. I did let the chicken cool completely before I mixed everything together. This stuff looks so sinful and rich, but you use yogurt (I used fat free Greek yogurt) instead of a lot of mayonnaise (only 2 tbsp of mayo).

No comments:

Post a Comment