Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day Food Memory

My sister is in Florida on vacation, and she sent me this picture from some restaurant she was at to me and my parents. She sent this to us because of the pancake sampler description:
 Growing up, my dad would make breakfast quite often, and when he made pancakes, he would always add extra stuff: banana, chunky peanut butter, flax seed, whatever else he thought would taste good. For most people this combination would probably taste good, but for my sister and I, his pancake experiments weren't usually successful. I will give him credit for being trendy by adding flax seed to the pancakes before flax seed was trendy, but flax seed isn't delicious when you aren't expecting it (I am not a fan of food surprises at 7am), and my sister cannot stand bananas. So, unfortunately for my dad, his pancakes were less than a success for us, AND when we requested plain pancakes he would still add stuff to them. Now, when I make pancakes, the only thing I add is a bit of cinnamon.
My dad circa 196?
Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment