Monday, June 20, 2011

Brochettes Two Ways

I ran across this recipe in my 1994 Best of Cooking Light Cookbook, and I had to give it a try. I inherited one of my grandmother's broiler pans, and it is one of the greatest kitchen devices I didn't know I needed. Using my broiler pan was one of my motivations for giving this recipe a try. You first marinate pork tenderloin for a few hours, put the chunks on skewers, and broil.

I also decided to try this same technique but with different flavors and a lamb chop I have been needing to eat. As for the flavoring for the lamb, I combined about a tablespoon of olive oil with a heaping tablespoon of Dijon mustard, some minced, fresh rosemary, and some freshly ground pepper. I then added the lamb chunks to that mixture, and skewered them to be broiled:
I would definitely broil meat on skewers again. The Cooking Light recipe was okay, but I think I would try a different flavor combination. The pork recipe called for cumin, and cumin is not one of my favorite flavors. I would make the lamb brochettes again in a heartbeat if I had lamb or felt like buying lamb. Both brochettes would be great on the grill, but if you're not in the mood to get the grill going, broiling is an easy option.

No comments:

Post a Comment