Friday, June 10, 2011

Food Memory Friday--Bernachon

This is a strangely composed picture--this is my lap with chocolate goodies from Bernachon--the chocolate house in Lyon, France. I studied in Lyon during the summer of 2004, and this particular chocolate house was recommended by the travel guide Let's Go France. My friends and I decided that we needed to check this place out and it didn't disappoint. We each chose two things, and my choices are the top row. The upper left hand chocolate swirl thing turned out to be a prune covered with a thick, rich blob of chocolate. Prior to purchasing my chocolate blob covered prune, I didn't realize it was a prune--but I think it is the best prune I have ever eaten. Right next to the prune is a chocolate covered cherry. Just looking at this picture makes me want to hop on a plane and go directly back to Bernachon--I don't think I've ever been to a place that can even compare to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment