Friday, June 3, 2011

Food Memory Friday--My freezer problem

I am publicly admitting that I have a problem--a problem with overfilling my freezer with food. I think my problem came from my mother and grandmothers who filled their freezers with food that can be used later or taken out when they didn't have enough time to cook a meal.

Well, my problem with my freezer started when I was living in New Mexico, and I was cooking for one. I thought it would be a good idea to quantity cook and freeze the leftovers of lasagna and other large casseroles to eat when I was too lazy to cook. This started out as a good idea, but my freezer was always full, and 6 years later, I don't have much interest in eating lasagna.

Most recently, my freezer was under control:
But after bread was on sale (buy one, get one free, plus $0.55 off each loaf), and after I acquired soft crabs and another pound of crab meat, my freezer is now full:
I also have a weakness for meat on sale. I know I can freeze meat, but then the challenge becomes figuring out what to do with it :).

No comments:

Post a Comment