Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Oven Fried Chicken

I was craving fried chicken recently, and I decided to go for a lighter version of fried chicken. I initially started creating my chicken with this recipe from Better Homes and Gardens, but I veered drastically off course by using different ingredients for the coating:

Specifically in my breading mix:
Panko Bread Crumbs
Onion Powder
Garlic Powder
Smoked Paprika
Salt
Pepper

If you have never used smoked paprika before, you have to give it a try. You definitely don't add the smoked paprika for color: it provides a smoky and somewhat spicy element to the chicken that is delightful. I bought my container of it at Kroger, but I have seen it at (of all places) T. J. Maxx in their food section.

I followed the procedure to coat and bake the chicken from the recipe by combining the egg and milk in one shallow dish, and my crumb mixture in another shallow dish. I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts, and then baked for around 30 minutes:
I forgot to take a close up before i put it in the oven. oops.
Here was the full meal--rice and carrots and strawberries as the fruit component. I like eating food in separate bowls and plates.



Seriously give smoked paprika a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment