Friday, June 17, 2011

Food Memory Friday--Chocolate Birthday Cake

My birthday and my cousin's birthday are two days apart. When we were living in New Mexico, we decided to throw ourselves a birthday party, and he said we needed to make a vegan chocolate cake. I am not a vegetarian or a vegan, and he is a vegetarian, but not vegan. I was skeptical at first, but this particular cake has become my go to whenever I need to make a chocolate cake. This isn't the exact recipe we use, but it's close: Vegan Chocolate Cake (Lisa's Chocolate Cake) I have also learned that my cake decorating skills need some work. My chocolate cakes end up looking kind of ugly, but they taste great!
Chocolate ganache and pecan topping (not vegan)
This had a chunk missing on the side, but luckily the ganache topping and pool in the center made it better.
I should have followed Martha's advice by putting parchment down under the cake to catch my messy frosting job...oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment